Public Sector TUPE
- Innovated to solve a problem
Challenge / objectives –
- To outsource support services of a council to improve efficiency and save money
- Where some of the employees held Delegated Authority (regulatory powers).
Work carried out –
- Worked with the management team to plan how the regulatory work could be carried out in a way that was compliant with the law.
- Led all HR aspects of the TUPE transfer.
- Rewrote procedures, such as capability and disciplinary, to take account of the different contracts someone might have.
- Employees without delegated authority were TUPE’d into the outsource company.
- Employees with delegated authority were given dual employment contracts; when they were using their delegated authority, they worked for the Council and where they were not using their delegated authority they worked for the outsource company (after a TUPE transfer of those contracts).